Memphis to New Orleans (10 nights / 11 days)
Day 1 – Arrive Memphis, USA
Fly from London to Memphis, USA.
Private transfer to the Peabody Hotel for a two night stay.
Day 2 – Memphis, Tennessee
Welcome to the "Home of the Blues", the "Birthplace of Rock ‘n’ Roll"! Venture out into the streets of Memphis at your leisure to enjoy the city’s scrumptious eateries, unique boutiques and shops, and the lively entertainment scene. The day is in your own hands, while you are here, don’t forget to experience some of the city’s most historic attractions including Beale Street, Graceland, and Sun Studio!
Day 3 – Memphis, Tennessee
Today is the day you have been waiting for! Prepare to board the opulent American Duchess and embark on an unforgettable journey down America’s largest and most historical river.
Day 4 – Port of the Mississippi Delta, Mississippi
2020 - The Mississippi Delta is more than a geographical region. It is a way of life - a true cultural experience based around agriculture, music and history. These small river towns have been the inspiration for authors, musicians and artists for centuries. Lower Mississippi River voyages include a unique glimpse into a Port of the Mississippi Delta.
Day 5 – Vicksburg, Mississippi
Vicksburg perfectly blends Southern culture and heritage with exciting modern-day attractions. Described as the “Key to the South” by Abraham Lincoln, this southern town carries a history unlike any other Civil War city. Vicksburg was founded in 1811 and grew as a vital river port city. It was a major component to the Civil War and carries much of the history within the town. Today, Vicksburg is a popular spot for tourists to learn about the battles of the city, taste the cuisine, visit the many museums, and pick out the perfect souvenir.
Day 6 - Natchez, Mississippi
This charming river town was first inhabited by Natchez Indians and French explorers who shared the land. It was founded in 1716, making it the oldest city on the Mississippi. The city is known for its elegance, hospitality, and impressive preservation of history – found on every street corner throughout Natchez. Guests enjoy the unique shops, restaurants, museums, and historical homes located in Natchez, all of which contribute to Hugh Bayless’ book, “The 100 Best Towns in America.”
Day 7 – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Baton Rouge, the Capital of Louisiana, has a deep culture and rich history. Named by French explorer, Sieur D’Iberville after a reddish pole marking two separate tribal hunting grounds, Baton Rouge has transformed into a rich cultural city. Locals speak a specific version of French in their everyday language. The city is home to Louisiana’s capitol building which is the largest in the United States, as well as the Old State Capitol – a Gothic architectural monument located on the bluffs overlooking the Mighty Mississippi. Spend the day exploring all that Baton Rouge has to offer, from the museums and the architecture, to the shops and the cuisine – everyone will enjoy an exciting, busy day!
Day 8 – St Francisville, Louisiana
Established in 1809, St. Francisville is the oldest town in the Florida Parishes. Below where St. Francisville is located currently, was a settlement called Bayou Sara in the 1790’s. When this settlement was destroyed by flooding and fires, many of the structures and artefacts were hauled up the bluff into St. Francisville where they are still standing. The town is referred to as “two miles long and two yards wide,” but that definitely doesn’t mean they have nothing to offer! Stop in at one of the unique shops, historical homes, beautiful churches, or breathtaking parks and you will agree. Spanish moss trees grow throughout the town, which creates a beautiful southern comfort to the atmosphere.
Day 9 – Nottoway, Louisiana
Nottoway is the South’s largest, most glorious remaining Antebellum mansion with a rich history dating back to 1859. In a fabulous location along the great River Road overlooking the grand Mississippi River, this “White Castle” of the South transports visitors back to an era of glory and grandeur. Set amongst a natural backdrop of vibrant gardens and two hundred-year-old oak trees, Nottoway Plantation captivates all with a brilliant blend of true Southern hospitality, history and mystery.
Day 10 – Disembark in New Orleans, Louisiana
Tie up in New Orleans near historic Jackson Square and bid your steamboat adieu.
Enjoy exclusive New Orleans City Highlights Premium Excursion with transfer to New Orleans Airport for flight to London, UK or extend your stay by choosing the two night Ultimate New Orleans Experience City Stay - see details below.
Day 11 - Arrive London, UK
Fly from New Orleans Airport to London, UK
New Orleans - The Ultimate New Orleans Experience Night City Stay Package
Immerse yourself in Southern Culture when you choose our Post Cruise City Stay Package. Unwind in the New Orleans Le Meridien Hotel which has everything you need to make your stay as relaxing as your voyage on the American Duchess. Imagine, located just a short stroll from your door, is everything that makes this city famous; The French Quarter, Jackson Square, Harrah’s Casino, The Central Business District and New Orleans’ legendary Bourbon Street.
- The American Duchess exclusive Post Cruise The Ultimate New Orleans Experience Premium Excursion with transfer to the Le Meridiean Hotel
- Luggage handling
- Two nights at the Le Meridien Hotel
- Two Full American breakfasts
- Included admission to SEVEN attractions in New Orleans (Mardi Gras World, The National WWII Museum, Audubon Zoo, Treme Walking Tour, Old U.S. Mint, Confederate Memorial Hall Museum and Longue Vue House & Garden)
- Street Car Transportation Pass (Jazzy Pass for Tram) for transportation throughout downtown New Orleans
- Local American Queen Steamboat Company representative to answer questions
- Transfer from the Le Meridiean Hotel to New Orleans Airport
Interior Suite (Category IS) Observation/Cabin Deck
From £3595 per person
Veranda Suite with Private Balcony (Category VS) Observation/Cabin Deck
From £5095 per person
New Orleans - The Ultimate New Orleans Experience City Stay Package - Double Occupancy
From £565 per person
Please call for more details.
Guide Prices are per person based on 2 persons sharing a cabin include:
- Return scheduled flights (Economy Class) from London UK
- Two nights pre-cruise stay at The Peabody Hotel including Full American Breakfast
- Seven nights luxury cruise on board the American Duchess including all meals, drinks with dinner (wine and beer), complimentary coffees, bottled water and soft drinks included throughout the voyage
- On board 'showboat' entertainment each evening and daily lectures from the resident Riverlorians relevant to the themed cruise and history of the river
- New Orleans City Highlights Premium Excursion and complimentary shore excursions in each Port on the 'Hop On Hop Off' coaches
- Transfers to and from overseas airports and shared transfer from hotel to boat
- Unlimited Beverage Package
- Onboard WiFi
- All Port Charges
- Full ATOL financial protection
- Additional Premium shore excursions
- Club/Premium Class Flight Upgrades (prices on request)