American Empress River Cruising
The mighty rivers of the United States of America once served as the great highways of early exploration and inspired dreams of discovery. Today, the American Empress follows in the footsteps of Lewis and Clark, the intrepid explorers who have come to define the historical
context of our Pacific Northwest voyages. The soaring mountains and dramatic landscapes remain majestic, unspoiled and unimaginably glorious with an abundant wildlife and fascinating frontier spirit. Each American Empress voyage offers unique perspectives on the region’s history, culture and landscape that you can’t get anywhere else: up-close, in-depth and unforgettable.
Remarkable shore excursions are provided in each port of call and include the cultural and historical landmarks that signify the living legacy of the region’s first settlers. Guests with specific interests are encouraged to enjoy the variety of Premium Shore Excursions offered such as a journey to the volcanic crater of Mount St. Helens.
As history plays such a large part of your cruise experience, our Riverlorian is onboard for each voyage to impart the history and legends of the Columbia and Snake Rivers. In addition, our river cruises often feature a diverse lineup of guest historians who take to the stage and transport you to another era. You’ll enjoy hearing from these noted speakers who offer astounding insights on the culture and heritage of the Pacific Northwest destinations you’ll visit.
An unforgettable getaway awaits you aboard the American Empress through the nature of the Pacific Northwest. Get up-close and in-depth with a river cruise experience you won't ever forget.
American Empress Distinctions
- The largest, most elegant riverboat in the Pacific Northwest
- Included shore excursions in every port of call
- Regional Pacific Northwest cuisine utilizing fresh ingredients creatively combined with a contemporary flair
- Gracious service and warm hospitality from a friendly, all-American staff
- Country club casual ambiance, no formal wear required
- Daily lectures by the Riverlorian, our onboard history and culture expert
- Broadway calibre entertainment every evening, including featured guest performances by sensational local artists
- All staterooms feature a balcony or picture window with dramatic scenery unfolding before your eyes
- Our own dedicated fleet of deluxe motor coaches
- The Passenger Vessel Association recognizes American Queen Steamboat Company as a member of its Green WATERS Program for the vessel operation’s dedication and commitment toward a cleaner, greener marine environment
Cruise In Style
Proudly serving as the largest overnight riverboat west of the Mississippi River, the American Empress delivers classic elegance and modern luxury on a grand scale. One step onboard and you will quickly discover that there is far more to this vessel than her welcoming appearance and signature red paddlewheel.
Boasting a vast collection of some of the finest historical artefacts and artwork of the Native Alaska, Russian, Gold Rush and sternwheeler eras, the corridors of the American Empress hold nearly as much beauty and intrigue as the dramatic scenery unfolding on the river outside. You needn't be an art enthusiast to appreciate the captivating display of Pacific Northwest heritage that this unique collection represents.
A river cruise aboard the American Empress incites moments of sheer perfection with her seamless blend of stunning backdrops, exceptional dining venues, dynamic public spaces and stunning décor. We invite you to step aboard and delight in the luxurious modern amenities, gracious service and endless authentic experiences that await you.
Grand scale luxury and classic style await you aboard the American Empress. Join us for a paddlewheel cruise through America’s Pacific Northwest. Indulge yourself with delicious, onboard dining choices, welcoming staff and country club ambiance, and then view the vessel’s collection of North American regional artefacts from the Gold Rush and sternwheeler eras and more. Enjoy the breathtaking natural beauty as you cruise one of the most famous rivers in the region. The American Empress welcomes you with the latest amenities that you want and the style and luxury you deserve.