The American Duchess is the first all-suite paddle wheeler on U.S. rivers, a floating, intimate masterpiece that can carry up to 166 guests through America's heartland. The paddle wheeler, created from a 1995 hull, was completely reconstructed to become one of the most luxurious river cruising vessels in the country, featuring single-seating main dining and entertainment venues, soaring ceilings, and all of the features guests have come to expect on other American Queen Voyages cruises.
Her suites range from 180 sq. ft to 550 sq. ft., allowing guests to stay in some of the largest accommodations on the rivers. Unique to the American Duchess are her spacious Loft Suites, that measure at 550 sq. ft.. The lower level features a full bathroom, small dining area, a beautiful lounge section furnished with a queen sofa-bed and desk area, along with sliding doors to access a private balcony. The loft area upstairs is a tranquil retreat with its semi-private bedroom, a full bathroom and gracious closet space.
Featuring a single-seating schedule in the beautiful Grand Dining Room, dining onboard is an experience. Enjoy 5-star cuisine that blends local flavours and fine culinary traditions. A more casual atmosphere is offered at The River Club and Terrace, which can host over 80 guests who wish to dine at their own pace.
Combining the best of the old and the new, this beautiful lady of the river epitomizes the grace and grandeur that has made river cruising a cherished American tradition for more than two centuries. One voyage and you’ll see why.
American Duchess Distinctions
- The first all-suite river cruise vessel on U.S. rivers
- Three Owner's Suites 550 sq. ft.
- Four Loft Suites 550 sq. ft.
- Outside Veranda Suites 240 sq. ft.
- Open seating with two dining venues, The Grand Dining Room and The Grill Room
- Included shore excursions in every port of call
- Gracious service and warm hospitality from a friendly, all-American crew
- Daily lectures by our resident Riverlorian, our onboard history and culture expert
- Acclaimed entertainment worthy of Broadway - spectacular revues, cabaret, jazz and blues, and more
- Our own dedicated fleet of deluxe motor coaches
- The Passenger Vessel Association recognizes American Queen Steamboat Company as a member of its Green WATERS Program for the vessel's dedication